header photo

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sanding, Testing

So I sanded the fingerboard and filled in the fret grooves with saw dust from sanding and superglue and then sand some more!

Filling in the cracks with superglue and sawdust.

My home made radius-ed sanding block. I just put a piece of sand paper on the fingerboard and sanded a a piece of foam with it resulting in a foam radius-ed sanding block. I have no idea what radius it is though....

After some sanding with 220grit. It actually feels really smooth but I will take it up to 400 when finishing it.

Strung it up with some Ernie Ball custom gauge 5string flatwounds. As you probably have noticed I am missing a string. The low B string in this set is to thick for the bridge. I have to get a drill bit and make it a little bigger.

Close up.

All it needs now is some final sanding and a finish and its ready to go! I actually might finish this project! So far it plays nicely. I have to adjust the truss rod a little bit and lower the bridge a little. I get a really nice sound out of it! I am happy so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment